Some of the most delicious and nutritious foods just happen to be gluten-free, which is great news if you have an intolerance or allergy to gluten (or are just eating gluten-free for whatever reason). In this meal plan, we feature tasty gluten-free meals and snacks that are packed with the good-for-you nutrients you need more of as you age—protein, fiber and calcium. You'll find healthy gluten-free foods like lean chicken, fiber-filled beans and calcium-rich cheese, which combine to create a tasty day of eating. With this helpful 1-day meal plan, following a nutritious gluten-free diet is made easier.
Breakfast (328 calories)
• 1 serving Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding
• 1/2 apple
• 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter
The chia pudding recipe only uses half of the apple. Enjoy the remaining half with 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter.
A.M. Snack (181 calories)
• 4 gluten-free multigrain crackers
• 1 oz. Cheddar cheese
Lunch (350 calories)
• 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
• 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
• 2 Tbsp. Poppy Seed Dressing
• 3 large leaves green-leaf lettuce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Toss chicken with oranges, dressing and almonds. Serve inside lettuce leaves as a wrap.
P.M. Snack (159 calories)
• 2 cups air-popped popcorn
• 1 cup sweet cherries
Dinner (489 calories)
• 1 serving Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Broccolini
• 1/4 cup canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
• 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
Combine beans and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• 1 cup mixed greens dressed with 1 tsp. olive oil & 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Daily Total: 1,507 calories, 84 grams protein, 1,243 milligrams sodium, 30 grams fiber, 1,083 mg calcium
Please Note: This meal plan is controlled for calories, protein, fiber, sodium and calcium. If you are concerned about any one nutrient in particular, speak with your health care provider about altering this meal plan to best suit your needs.
Healthy Aging Recipes
Healthy Aging Diet Guidelines
Healthy-Aging Vegetarian Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
Healthy-Aging Low-Sodium Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
See All of our Healthy Aging Meal Plans Here!