Some of the most delicious and nutritious foods just happen to be gluten-free, which is great news if you have an intolerance or allergy to gluten (or are just eating gluten-free for whatever reason). In this meal plan, we feature tasty gluten-free meals and snacks that are packed with the good-for-you nutrients you need more of as you age—protein, fiber and calcium. You'll find healthy gluten-free foods like lean chicken, fiber-filled beans and calcium-rich cheese, which combine to create a tasty day of eating. With this helpful 1-day meal plan, following a nutritious gluten-free diet is made easier.
Breakfast (441 calories)
• 1 cup Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding
• 1/2 apple
• 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
The chia pudding recipe only uses half of the apple. Enjoy the remaining half with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter.
A.M. Snack (214 calories)
• 6 gluten-free multigrain crackers
• 1 oz. Cheddar cheese
Lunch (460 calories)
• 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
• 3/4 cup canned mandarin oranges
• 2 Tbsp. Poppy Seed Dressing
• 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
• 1 1/2 tablespoon slivered almonds
Toss chicken with oranges, dressing and almonds. Serve inside lettuce leaves as a wrap.
• 1 cup sweet cherries
P.M. Snack (276 calories)
• 2 cups air-popped popcorn
• 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
Dinner (623 calories)
• 1 serving Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Broccolini
• 1/2 cup canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
• 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
Combine the beans and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup mixed salad greens with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Daily Total: 2,013 calories, 101 grams protein, 1,424 milligrams sodium, 38 grams fiber, 1,156 mg calcium
Please Note: This meal plan is controlled for calories, protein, fiber, sodium and calcium. If you are concerned about any one nutrient in particular, speak with your health care provider about altering this meal plan to best suit your needs.
Healthy Aging Recipes
Healthy Aging Diet Guidelines
Healthy-Aging Vegetarian Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
Healthy-Aging Low-Sodium Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
See All of our Healthy Aging Meal Plans Here!