Food allergies and intolerances don't need to stand in the way of healthy eating. With some simple planning, eating with allergies and intolerances is made easy. In this pre-planned dairy-free, gluten free meal plan, delicious meals and snacks combine for a nutritious day of eating, completely free of dairy and gluten-containing ingredients. We made sure to include foods high in folate, potassium and niacin—three nutrients that can be lacking in a dairy-free, gluten-free diet. You'll find plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, bean, legumes, and lean protein that will keep you feeling satisfied and nourished all day long.
Breakfast (437 calories)
• 1 serving All Greens Smoothie Bowl
• 1 hard-boiled egg seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper
A.M. Snack (295 calories)
Salt & Pepper Edamame Pods
• 1 cup edamame pods, steamed (either in the microwave or on the stove top)
Steam edamame and sprinkle with coarse salt and ground pepper to taste.
• 1 medium apple
Lunch (492 calories)
- 2 cups mixed greens
• 3/4 cup veggies of your choice (try cucumbers and tomatoes)
• 1/2 cup white beans, rinsed
• 3/4 avocado, diced
Combine ingredients and top salad with 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp. olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
P.M. Snack (202 calories)
• 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
• 3 Tbsp. roasted unsalted cashews
Dinner (598 calories)
• 1 serving Roasted Chicken Thighs, Potatoes & Scallions with Herb Vinaigrette
• 2 cups Spinach & Mushroom Salad topped with 2 Tbsp. each shredded Parmesan cheese & sliced almonds
Daily Totals: 2,024 calories, 80 grams protein, 207 grams carbohydrates, 54 g fiber, 109 g fat, 1,709 mg sodium, 689 mcg folate, 4,879 mg potassium, 27 mg niacin.
Please Note: This meal plan is controlled for calories, fiber, sodium, potassium, niacin and folate. If a particular nutrient is of concern, such as vitamin B12, consider speaking with your health care provider about altering this plan to fit your individual health needs.
The only formula you need for a healthy dairy-free, gluten-free salad.